Table of contents
Scientific studies are varied and based on less rigorous analyzes or experiments with expert software, which conclude that there are 16, 8 or 4 different types of personalities.
Referring to these studies today, I'm going to mention 20 Personality Type Examples and in this way you identify with some of them.
1. Personality type examples
Most of the examples that we will deal with in this post will be based on the Myers-Briggs study or MBTI. Although controversial, the Myers Personality Type Inventory, is still widely used.
Above all, in the areas of recruitment and training of human talent, pedagogical, psychological and matrimonial consulting.
The Myers-Briggs study, has both supporters and detractors, based on the study of the Swiss doctor Carl Jung which described eight personalities.
These two mother and daughter psychologists, described from this combination sixteen types of personalities. Combining four criteria or indicators and their counterparts, namely:
- Introversion (I),
- Extraversion (E),
- Intuitive (N),
- Thinking (T),
- Qualifying (J),
- Perceiving (P).
The combination of these criteria resulted in the types of personalities that we describe below:
- ESTJ or Executive Personality: People with this personality are characterized by wanting to be in control or by having it. They are organized, disciplined, controllers, direct work teams, are objective, guided more by judgment and logical thinking than by intuition or emotions.
- ESTP or Entrepreneur Personality: Motivational people, highly perceptive, intelligent, team leaders belong to this personality. With a projection based on self-confidence. Personalities that attract, with a lot of energy and charisma without a controlling spirit.
- Personality ESFJ or Provider: He is an altruistic personality, balanced, very restrained, avoids conflicts and seeks the well-being of everyone, especially his family and friends. They are considered a helping hand, a shoulder to lean on without any kind of reproach, they are part of the solution.
- Personality ESFP or Entertainer: She is considered a personality with a lot of energy, she motivates everyone, fun people who like to laugh and make people laugh. They are the soul of the party, put it, in some way. Excellent as friends and for teamwork.
- Personality ISTJ or the Moralists: They are personalities with a high sense of morality, they live by a set of established rules and are very trustworthy and ethical in everything they deal with.
- Personality ISTP or Reserved: They have a very moderate personality in all their actions, they are good listeners, and although they seem isolated they are excellent at analyzing situations and proposing solutions.
- Personality ISFJ or Protectors: Protective people by nature are classified in this type, they are always aware of the collective well-being in their environment. They are very observant people and feel a total fulfillment when they help others. Sometimes they may even put themselves second for the welfare of another.
- Personality ISFP or Quiet: It is often said of them that they live in a particular world, they create their own rules and do not need anyone's approval, with a very peaceful character, they enjoy their life and their body.
- Personality ENTJ or the leader: They have an unbreakable will, clear ideas, strong in difficulties and drag others with their ideas. They tend to be excellent team leaders.
- Personality Inventor's ENTP: Listed as a very curious personality. They see life with new eyes every day. They are very creative and innovative people. Always looking for how to improve processes.
- Personality ENFJ or Charismatic: They have the gift of words, they can influence others for better or for worse. They are kind and with good energy, empathic beings by nature.
- Personality ENFP or Sociable: People with a very attractive magnetic personality, they want to change the world, they are very empathetic and fun.
- Personality INTJ or Thoughtful: Brainy people: people with above-average intelligence. They generally dominate an area and are hungry for knowledge. They are excellent at analyzing and proposing new solutions. Make plans, draw strategies and achieve them.
- Personality INTP or Reflective: They are more analytical personalities, they tend to be perfectionists, and they apply it in all aspects of their life. They are very theoretical, which is why in most cases they fail to materialize, staying with brilliant ideas.
- Personality INFJ or the Counselors: We all have a friend who acts as a psychologist, that person who has a calm personality knows how to listen, analyzes and can always give you a solution or show you the other side of the coin. They are assertive, sensitive and cooperative.
- Personality INFP or Altruistic: They are sensitive people, they are hurt by the pain of others, and they want to do something about it, usually on a large scale. We usually see them in the type of people who fight in NGOs for human rights, they are moved by a great sense of humanity
- Average Personality: Personalities with a neurotic tendency would fall into this typology, as well as extroverts or those with low openness or introverts. According to this recent study, they are personalities averages and common in instability.
- Reserved Personality: They are emotionally stable, they can be pleasant, but they are not extroverted without going to the opposite extreme
- egocentric personality: They are people, who they do not generate peace, people with this type of personality do not attract quite the opposite, people flee from people of this type with very low levels of sincerity and openness.
- Role Model Personality: People with this type of personality highlight, calm, are those with whom everyone wants to be. Very stable people and with high numbers in frankness, kindness, conscientiousness and openness. According to the study, this type of personality improves with the age of the person.
2. Important considerations about personality and its types
It is important to clarify that the last four personality types correspond to the study carried out by the professor of psychology at the Wiener College of Arts and Sciences.
William Revelle the lead author on this recent research that involves Big Data techniques, mathematical and computational models, in addition to the analysis of an amount that exceeded one and a half million people.
So it is possible that the characteristics of the personality types are included in the previous ones.
In ancient times, Hippocrates believed that people were divided by four types of humors, to describe the characteristics that differentiated them. Perhaps from that time dates the study of personality types.
The study of psychology has a long history and the functioning of the human brain, emotions and reactions, it remains a great enigma and a subject under constant study.
Even with scientific advances and state-of-the-art equipment and techniques, the personality study It is not a field that can be talked about with absolute certainty.
But as is well known, there are people who make things happen, those who see things happen and those who ask what happened. Undoubtedly it has to do with the differences that exist between the people defined in these 20 examples of personality types
❤️ Enjoy this Newsletter?
Don't forget to subscribe here
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (here).
Follow Me on Twitter @f_djiometio.